“Don’t Let the Tax Tail Wag the Investment Dog”!
Though, to a great extent this saying is true nevertheless it is important to consider tax when creating a financial plan.
At Future Start when we produce a personal recommendation for our clients we aim to mitigate and reduce tax where ever we can. These taxes include but are not limited to inheritance tax, income tax and capital gains tax.
How do we do this?
- By making sure you utilise all available tax wrappers and allowances
- By restructuring investment portfolios to make use of alternative tax wrappers
- Through the use of trusts
- By offsetting losses in one area against gains in another (where appropriate)
- By using certain investment products to defer tax liabilities
- By recommending investment products that can reduce income tax liabilities
- Through recommending solutions to reinstate tax allowances that may have been lost
This list is not exhaustive and the options do not apply to all clients.
If you are a business owner or company director further tax saving opportunities may be available.